Thinking about buying hearing aids online?
We get asked regularly about buying hearing aids over the Internet. While some people may enjoy the challenge and independence of this approach, it is not generally recommended if you want to achieve the best hearing outcome.
- Without a proper assessment by a trained health professional, misdiagnosis or oversight of conditions is possible.
- Our Audiologists have at their disposal a huge variety of software, tools, spare parts and fitting accessories to suit your hearing profile and physiology. There are open domes, closed domes, extended hooks, many lengths of ear tubing and the list goes on. Everyone's ear is different.
- Experience matters. With the massive choice of brands, styles, models and features available, knowing what has worked for others in similar situations is one of the keys to a successful outcome. When common problems arise, such as feedback (a whistling noise when wearing the aid), your Audiologist will know exactly what steps to take to resolve the issue.
- Hearing aids can and do fail. Sometimes a quick fix is possible whereas other issues require service by a manufacturer. People walk in to request help at our reception desks every day, and we are always there to provide timely, in-person troubleshooting and support. We understand that you rely on your hearing aids and we will do everything in our power to keep them working for you.
- When you are fit with a hearing aid at Brindabella Hearing & Speech Centre, our guarantee means you will not be stuck with your first choice if it does not work out. Our independence ensures you will have other world-leading brands to try. If you do buy over the internet, make sure you understand the seller's policies first.
Finally, consider longevity. A website can be created in days or weeks, but statistics show that many new businesses fail in their first few years. A sustainable business can take years to nurture and build. We've been around since 2004 and we plan to be here to provide the support and service that our thousands of happy hearing aid customers require for many years to come.